Account Manager/Marketing Manager- D&A Building Services
Title: Account Manager/Marketing Manager
Division: D&A Building Services
Date Prepared: July 21, 2016 Date Revised: March 26,2019
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Supervisory Responsibility: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Account Manager serves as a representative of D&A Building Services, Inc., D&A Window Cleaning Services, Inc., D&A Construction Group, Inc. and D&A Landscaping Division (hereinafter collectively known as D&A). The incumbent is responsible for new accounts sales and business development including, but not limited to, custodial, facilities and maintenance operations services.
Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
Ø Sales, marketing & business development for all D&A services.
Ø Prepare proposals for, and participate in, bids of commercial and governmental entities.
Ø Oversees contract operations as needed
Ø Performs day-to-day liaison with building administrative personnel as needed.
Ø Performs Quality Control inspections as needed.
Ø Ensures customer satisfaction and contract requirements are met.
Ø Maintain effective communications with clients and ensure timely response.
Ø Follow operating policies, procedures, budgets and goals.
Ø Monitor activities and achievements of each function on work.
Ø Develop and implement initiatives to meet business goals.
Ø Report preparation of daily activities.
Ø Review and analyze the P&L of all the contracts under his administration to be sure profitable and well managed.
Ø Responsible for maintaining contract profit margins within the parameters required by the company.
Ø Account planning, territory management, organizational reporting and call frequency.
Ø New account sales and coordination of the sales process, including but not limited to:
o Prospect identification (cold calling) and qualification
o Communication with management level decision makers
o Estimating and budget development
o Proposal development, delivery and presentation. Participate in initial setup.
o Contract negotiation with Management approval
Ø Attend conferences, lunches and other business related activities with associations and customers.
Ø Occasional overnight travel will be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
Bachelor's degree preferred, or 2 years in the janitorial industry with operating experience and sales.
- OR -
Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities. Candidate must possess the ability to prospect effectively, both in person and by phone, to qualify new accounts and determine appropriate decision makers.
- Must have persuasive communication skills, including ability to use voicemail and written communication effectively to engage decision makers at high management levels, speaking clearly to the advantages offered to the organization, ultimately gaining support and endorsement across all levels.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for trends impacting the business. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of competition in the marketplace and its potential impact on D&A business.
- Strong commitment to service and quality standards as well as client satisfaction. Ability to take the lead in client communication regarding D&A programs and services as well as performance under the contract. Provide feedback to management as needed on unique client requirements and opportunities to expand the client relationship.
- Support D&A’s corporate goals and objectives, serving as a positive role model.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to tact, maturity, flexibility, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Occasional overnight travel as needed to fulfill job requirements and sales goals.
- Proficient in Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Prior experience in facilities management or contractual service sales is strongly preferred.
- Interpersonal Confidence/Know How to Do - Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
· Manages Others - Able to develop goals and strategies and help direct reports attain them; can coach and mentor in a direct, fair manner. Holds people accountable. Builds teams effectively; sets clear expectations and objectives; develops a collaborative environment where people are interested in achieving or exceeding objectives; invites a dialogue between members of the team to bring out the best in others; encourages feedback and input.
- Oral/Written Communication - Knows how to present ideas effectively and persuasively; has a strong verbal presence; can convey concepts in a wide-variety of forums. (Speaking to large/small groups, one-on-one, etc.). Can write thoughts and concepts in a clear and organized manner; effectively manages formal and informal communication.
- Organizational Ability - Can manage time and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Organizational Savvy - Understands how organizations operate; able to manage him or herself effectively in a highly political environment; predicts the potential problems one might encounter in an organization; quick learner in understanding company cultures; is knowledgeable about business practices and how they may impact the organization.
- Prioritization & Time Management - Can decipher what is most important; can waylay trivial tasks and focus on the goal; can create a plan of attack to complete the task or project at hand; uses time resourcefully and successfully.
- Problem Solving - Able to use logic to solve challenging problems; negotiates effectively under the most difficult of circumstances; able to resolve problems in a fair way; gains the respect and trust of others involved in the negotiations.
· Integrity & Values - Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
Interested applicants should email resumes to
visit our website for more information about our company at
No phone calls, please.