Assistant Property Manager- Lincoln
Assistant Property Manager
Lincoln Property Company of Florida
Location: Southpark Center
Assistant Property Manager is to assist the Property Manager in the daily operations and responsibilities of the property management department. Looking for a very motivated, self-starting individual with a strong desire to grow with the property management division.
- Administer, maintain systems and procedures as outlined in property management policies and procedures.
- Draft correspondence to and from clients, tenants, vendors and management.
- Review, code and input invoices into accounting system alongside Accounting Team.
- Assist Property Manager in administration of all leases and renewals.
- Maintain orderly property files, including tenant, vendors, insurance, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Create and update lease abstracts for each tenant.
- Coordinate all deliveries and move-ins/move-outs.
- Maintain “Critical Dates” such as but not limited to: tenant anniversaries, lease expirations, rent increases, service contract expirations, monthly financial and budget reporting.
- Process all tenant requests for special work. Obtain estimate, provide proposal, order work, and invoice tenant for such work. Coordinate with engineering department where necessary.
- Maintain work order system.
- Update and maintain all property information books, tenant contact and vendor worksheets.
- Update, track and maintain Certificate of Insurance for tenants and vendors. Request new or renewed certificates as required per the lease agreement or service contracts.
- Assure collection of all rents are received in a timely matter based in the lease agreements. Generate aging reports by the 10th of month and provide updates and follow up of all outstanding A/R, advising Property Manager of all collection problems.
- Assess late fees based on each lease agreement.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets, Provide contractor bids for budgeted work, contract services, etc.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports. Generate supporting documentation from the accounting system, provide status updates on pending projects and provide administrative support in the compilation of the finished product.
- Track and update accrual spreadsheet based on clients’ reporting requirements.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget estimates and operating reconciliations.
- Responsible for processing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable. Based on budget guidelines, accurately code invoices for Property Manager’s approval. Generate purchase orders per company or clients’ policies. Match invoices to PO’s, and complete invoice data entry. Oversee data entry function for certain properties in the case where data entry is performed by others.
- Review Pre-Tenant Billing report for accuracy prior to posting of rents to tenant accounts. Generate and review rent statements, billings, and ensure delivery of accurate rent statements every month.
- Responsible for calculating and processing tenant bill-backs for sub-metered utility consumption.
- Coordinate move-in/move-outs of tenants. Provide Welcome Package, keys, coordinate move. Coordinate move-outs of tenants. Closing of lease file, security deposit refund, utility transfer, collection of charges.
- Responsible for day-to-day tenant calls. Follow through to 100% completion on all tenant requests. Coordinate all tenant related events.
- Visit with primary tenant contacts and provide ongoing communication to create and maintain favorable relations between tenants and management. Maintain tenant relations log.
- Coordinate Fire/Life Safety Procedures and Emergency procedures for all tenants.
- Be familiar with the terms and specifications of all building service contracts. Continuously monitor the performance of vendors and service contactors and conduct regular communication with contractors to ensure optimum performance.
- Assist with and have the capability of being on-call.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager/Sr. Portfolio Manager with regular inspections of the buildings.
- Periodically review service contracts and prepare and administer all bids for services.
- Communicate complaints, problems, special cleaning projects, etc. to Building Engineer; follow up to ensure task completion.
- Assist and document periodic inspections with Janitorial Supervisor. Ensure that the property is being maintained in a Class-A manner.
- Issue keys, card keys, parking access cards, etc., utilizing building-specific software program.
- Maintain dialogue with engineering department to ensure that all service requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or a of minimum three years Administrative/APM experience. Commercial Real Estate experience preferred. Desire to further their education for advancement within the department.
- Proficiency in, but not limited to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and any specific software as required.
- Proficiency in MRI, preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Exceptional organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities and projects, keeping team members updated of process and issues related to the department. Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all colleagues.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities
Send resumes to Diane Sitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org