Job Opening: Building Engineer- Piedmont Office
Able for Piedmont
Class A Buildings in downtown Orlando
Responsible for maintenance and repairs to the buildings and grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and installation, while establishing a safe environment for the facility.
Supports the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
Rrepresentative Functions or Duties:
- Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds and equipment.
- Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and pluming equipment and systems. Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains continuous operations of equipment by trouble-shooting and repairing.
- Provide hands-on training and collaboration to other engineering team members.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Records all pertinent data in building logbooks, and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology as related to building systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and life safety.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, management, tenants and other staff.
Skills / Education / Experience:
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Engineer @ 6 years in the position of engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license.
- Computer experience with work order & PM systems is required.
- Building automation system experience require. Trane Tracer/Summit preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
Send resumes to Christie Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org