Building Engineer - Avison Young
Job Description - Building Engineer
Avison Young Overview
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
At Avison Young, our culture is the key to our unique approach to commercial real estate services. We invest in our people. We provide specialized training and regular workshops, enabling Avison Young’s personnel to offer superior services to our clients. Above all, we emphasize collaboration that leverages our resources, expertise and intellectual capital to best serve each client.
We are looking for a Building Engineer in the Orlando area to report to the Property Management staff on all areas of building maintenance/ property operations for several office parks.
- The building engineer is to monitor and oversee the vendors who maintain and repair the systems (i.e. fire alarm, fire sprinkler, etc.) and ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and meets with the service contract requirements and applicable codes.
- Monitors/maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Perform minor plumbing, electrical systems and general building repairs.
- Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
- Acts as the on-call engineer for the facility and on occasion for other buildings in the portfolio of office buildings.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all HVAC Systems.
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building and fire life safety systems.
- Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude.
- Knowledge of computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Minimum Required Education
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in office/industrial building Maintenance operations
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off effective date of hire.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Send resumes to Angie Diaz at email@example.com