Building Engineer - Foundry Commercial
Currently, we are seeking a Building Engineer to join Foundry Commercial team in Orlando, Florida.
The Building Engineer is responsible for performing or directing the performance of all service maintenance requests for a specific property or portfolio of properties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup.
- Overseeing the accurate and timely completion of client maintenance service requests.
- Reviewing monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Developing sources for stock materials such as water treatment chemicals, filters, ceiling tiles, paint, electrical, and plumbing supplies.
- Evaluating vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing.
- Preparing and submitting purchase order requests.
- Verifying the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description.
- Performing periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory.
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work on elevators, radio communications equipment, card access system, fire alarm system, in-ground sprinkler system, chillers, emergency generator, etc.
- Tracking electrical/mechanical loads for all critical systems.
- Overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the original installer.
- Securing equipment manuals and drawings from installers/ contractors.
- Leading and/or assisting with event setup/teardown activities including electrical, audio visual, coordinating with security or other tasks as needed.
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of each building system. Immediately recognize system shortcomings when they occur.
- Directing experimentation with building systems to yield a more energy effective or comfortable operation.
- Monitoring the allocation of building system capability to various base building and tenant needs, specifically UPS/Generator and cooling system capacities.
- Devising technical enhancements which will improve aspects of building operation.
- Identifying equipment, which may require replacement or reconditioning resulting in the need for client’s capital.
- Perform emergency or preventative maintenance repairs off hours as directed on nights and weekends as needed.
- Provide on-call support as required
Education and Experience Requested:
- HS Diploma with minimum 3 + years field experience with trade school training or 5 + years total field experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Office programs.
- Highly proficient in the use of email and CMMS systems
- Superior customer service skills and orientation. Collaborative style needed. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints, without direct supervision.
- Sound troubleshooting skills and the capacity to fully resolve problems
- Ability to read HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and architectural blueprints
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and perform basic electric, plumbing and carpentry tasks
- Possess Universal License
Foundry Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Foundry Commercial is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. It is the policy of Foundry Commercial to grant equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, veteran's status, or any other conditions or identifications against which discrimination is prohibited.
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com