Chief Engineer for RP Realty
CHIEF BUILDING ENGINEER
- Responsible for maintaining the property in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition. This position will develop and execute maintenance functions and supervise work flow. Approximately 20% of time to be spent in supervisory and administrative functions, 80% of time to be spent on “hands-on” maintenance issues.
- The Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism with tenants, contractors, patrons, staff, and all other’s having interaction with.
- Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
KEY ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL TASKS
- Monitors operation and maintains chilled water pump, air conditioning equipment, fire system pumps, valves, plumbing, and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Completing routine maintenance and property inspections. Responsible for updating and reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
- Performs preventive tasks when required.
- The Chief Engineer also executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime.
- Oversees repair and preventative maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of supplies and tools to operate the building effectively.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting of the monthly engineering report, scheduling of contractors, direct the activities of the maintenance porters, input on the annual budget, create and complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 5-10 years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience. Managerial experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Siemens Insight Software or equivalent required, and Siemens Fire Controls or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Must undergo a background check and drug screening.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds.
Those interested should submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Plaza Land Condominium Association, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.