Commercial Administrative Assistant - Emerson International
Commercial Administrative Assistant with Emerson International
Title: Commercial Property Administrative Assistant
Company: Emerson International Inc.
Reports to: Sr. Property Manager
Send resumes to: Donna Tucker, HR Manager (email@example.com)
Job Description: Emerson International is a private, full-service real estate development company with over 30 years of market experience. Emerson has developed thousands of residential units and actively owns and manages over 1.1 million square feet of commercial and retail assets throughout Central Florida. Emerson International is recognized as a leader in all aspects of real estate development and management services, including office, multifamily and residential.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Property Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for supporting our Property Management an Engineering team. Support includes creation, routing and maintaining of vendor contracts, agreements and purchase orders as well as maintaining lease files electronically and physically. This role requires working collaboratively across departments including commercial leasing, in-house legal, accounting and management to ensure timely processing and execution of vendor contracts and tenant leases. Success in this role requires close daily two-way communication with Property Managers and Engineering to address tenant requests and concerns as a team
1. Contract Administration- Create, route and track approval process, and, maintain files for tenant improvement contracts and vendor agreements. Assure insurance and W-9s accompany all documents.
2. Tenant Liaison - Field tenant phone calls, conveying messages and concerns to Property Managers, Engineering staff and inputting work orders into ANGUS Work Order system. Disperse information to tenants for events and building notifications.
3. Lease Administration- Enter new leases into Yardi system and maintain physical lease. Maintain tenant contact information in Yardi and in Excel spreadsheet for daily reference.
4. Purchase Orders- Create purchase orders, enter into Yardi, and route and track approval process.
5. Tenant and Vendor Insurance and Tracking- monitor for expiring Certificates of Insurance. Contact tenants and vendors to obtain updated COIs. Enter new certificates into Yardi.
6. Tenant Access Cards- Program and revise tenant access cards in DATAWATCH Database when requested.
7. Dispersal of RFP’s- Create and disperse emails to project invitees. Set up scheduled site walks towards proposing.
8. Permits and Notices of Commencement- Process forms for Construction Manager and route and track to legal for signature.
9. Food Truck administration- assist with food truck scheduling. Assure all participants are appropriately permitted and possess the correct COI’s. Communicate schedules and menus to tenants.
10. Reception- Back up for front desk reception as needed.
Experience, Skills and Personality Orientation
- 4+ years in administrative support roles preferred
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Follow up is critical to the success of this role - Customer service mindset is key
- Responsive, professional, tactful and friendly
- Process and detail oriented
- Associates degree preferred