Community Association Manager - First Capital Property Group, Inc.
Commercial Association Manager
Title: Commercial Association Manager
Direct Report: Director of Property Management
Department(s): Property Management
License Requirements: LCAM – Licensed Community Association Manager
The role of Commercial Association Manager is to oversee and coordinate, under limited supervision, all property and association management activities associated with multiple commercial condominium and land associations. The manager will supervise, maintain, and run properties for the board of directors, in an efficient, cost effective manner. The manager is the liaison between the management office, property owners and the Board of Directors.
The variety of demands on this position requires someone who is flexible, organized, and capable of courteously balancing the needs of owners, tenants, vendors, and co-workers. Building strong working relationships with the various individuals they interact with both within and outside of the office will show that they are dedicated to working well with people.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and administer annual budgets for all properties in portfolio, including capital improvement budgets, reserve budgets and common area maintenance.
- Enforce all property policies, collecting assessments, past due balances, lien notices and other property enforcement issues through litigation, if required.
- Analyze financial reports each month and prepare an executive summary for each property for the Board of Directors.
- Attend all Board meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for the associations.
- Review and approve all invoices and expenditures prior to payment for each property.
- Coordinate with Accounting Department on all Income Tax returns and year-end reporting.
- Determine property needs for maintenance and capital improvements/upgrades and arrange for those needs.
- Responsible to coordinate and supervise all vendors (i.e., refuse, utilities, fire systems, porter services, lawn care etc...) based on property needs. This includes bidding, negotiating, and executing contracts for all contracted services. Ensure vendors have proper licenses, insurance and permits.
Minimum requirements (Educational/Experience/Technical Requirements)
- State of Florida LCAM License.
- Strong knowledge of association law, financial statements and legal and insurance aspects as they apply to commercial properties.
- Basic knowledge of construction, including: building construction, roofing, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree Preferred.
- 3 years of commercial management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required to communicate with owners and vendors.
- Should have leadership qualities and must be a team player.
- Must be able to occasionally work evening board meetings.
- Knowledge of business principles.
- Able to handle a number of tasks and projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salaried Position ($40,000 - $45,000) based on experience
- Employee Health Insurance
- Employee Dental Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Small Life Insurance Policy ($25,000)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All resumes should be sent to Jamie Zwicker, LCAM at firstname.lastname@example.org