Construction Estimator/Project Manager - Recromax, LLC
Construction Estimator/Project Manager
Recromax, LLC • Orlando area, Florida
We are the premier restoration and property services company of choice for our customers, employees, subcontractors, and suppliers, positively impacting our customers’ lives and changing the culture of the restoration industry. With all of our services, we actively and passionately strive to:
*Ensure an exceptional customer experience through quick response, timeliness, attention to detail, honesty, integrity, and guidance with a service-minded attitude
*Provide our employees with a working environment where they are encouraged to support our customers, grow their career, and take care of their family
*Maintain the highest levels of professionalism, in our relationships with our suppliers, subcontractors, and professional associates
*Achieve profitable growth and to support good works and charities within our community
*Provide a sense of normalcy to our customers’ lives through quality restoration services
- Directs and oversees team members (employees and subcontractors) at all levels of contract administration including planning, scheduling and ordering of materials and equipment logistics.
- Evaluates specifications for plan procedures, start and completion dates, and staffing requirements for each phase of the construction project. Ensures that all required insurance certificates and statutory worker’s compensation are in place prior to c
- Meet required completion schedules on every project.
- Maintain and improve job budgets to achieve and exceed profit margins.
- Turn over high-quality homes on time and within budget.
- Exceed client expectations.
- Ensure that all jobsites are kept safe, clean, and looking professional.
- Controls any number of projects at various stages of work. Reviews records of accounts and inputs entries into to proper accounts.
- Consults and meets with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements residential and commercial restoration projects, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction t
- Reviews the project, offering suggestions, completing the job estimate or bid.
- Checks a set of drawings and prepares feedback for staff.
- Completes contract documents.
- Obtains bids, negotiations and award construction contracts.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans/scope of work.
- Prepares studies and reports.
- Provides vendor recruitment.
- Submits for permits as applicable. Meet municipality requirements.
- Oversees cost and quality control on jobs.
- Updates system regarding progress of job.
- Performs site inspection on jobs to ensure thoroughness of scope of work.
- Provides and uploads photos into required system.
- Ensure work conforms to specifications, budget and schedule.
- Enforces safety compliance.
- Assist with the training of new Project Managers.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates to include mitigation, comparatives and build back.
- Constant contact with assigned insurance adjusters.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Track open estimates until sold, as well as supplement until approved.
- Update systems as per insurance program requirements.
- Creates job folders.
- Review each job with the project manager at hand-off or scheduled pre-con with insured.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Meet with assigned technician on the job to confirm adequate project details and provide direction when needed per carrier guidelines.
- Meet with customers onsite and work to sell the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or construction science/construction management or 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of two years’ related experience in the insurance restoration industry as a project manager.
- Two plus years in residential restoration industry as an estimator.
- Proficient in Xactimate and Simsol.
- Knowledge of Dash data compilation system, and XActanalysis.
- Experience in restoration industry working with commercial projects.
- Five years’ related experience in commercial and residential rehab/remodeling industry.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Xactimate and understanding of construction estimating.
- Ability to read and analyze blue prints for residential and commercial projects. Ability to read and analyze blue prints for residential and commercial projects.
- Restoration certifications and or IICRC/restoration certifications in Fire, Water and/or Mold
- Must be able to conduct onsite estimates/property inspections to include the interior and exterior of the home, including the ability to climb a ladder to the roof.
- Work individually or as a team with other company employees, as well as vendors, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Must have reliable vehicle to conduct onsite estimates in various markets.
- Occupational Health and Safety certification
- Must be able to drive for this position.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid an appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Must be able to pass a background check, driver’s license check, and drug test.
- Project Management.
- Results Driven.
- Time Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technology-savvy preferred.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Good-natured, positive and professional attitude.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Prioritization Skills.
- Independent Worker.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Competitive base plus bonus structure. Based on experience.
- PTO: major holidays, sick/personal days, vacation
- Eligible for health benefits the first of the month following 60 days of full-time employment
- Eligible for company paid life insurance the first of the month following 60 days
- Company-provided cell phone; laptop and/or tablet.
- 401K/profit sharing plan first eligible quarter after 1 year of employment
- Car allowance and gas card
Submit resume/experience to: email@example.com