Direct Sales Specialist - Century Link - Central FL
DIRECT SALES SPECIALIST
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Knock, knock – who’s there? You, the answer is you!! Lumen is currently looking for wildly talented sales professionals in your neighborhood, who are ready to meet their neighbors and share the amazing solutions available for their households. Our direct sales associates, are the champions of the customers by hearing their needs, understanding how Lumen can meet those needs and ultimately saving the day by ensuring our customers have the best solutions available to them. Not only do our Direct Sales Associates get to be heroes in the community, but they are also generously awarded with base pay and sales incentives.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for sharing Lumen solutions with members of the community in a door to door sales approach. This includes having energy, knowledge and ability to overcome concerns and questions from customers.
- Ability to learn the Tech industry and speak with ease and comfort about the many solutions and offerings of Lumen. Yes, you will be a technology expert after training. You will continue to receive training, feedback and advice from industry leaders throughout your career and there are many changes to apply those skills in careers throughout the Company.
- Demonstrate your expertise in customer service by wowing each customer with each transaction. Even if the neighbor is not or elects not be a customer, we want them to leave the conversation with a great feeling about Lumen and the amazing team that works here.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain mileage/expense reports and share back weekly reports of your progress.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Passionate advocate for customers – must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- At least 1 year of sales experience. A Bachelor’s degree is great but experience, attitude and desire also equate to success in this role.
- Must maintain a valid and current driver’s license and appropriate insurance for your reliable transportation.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Remember our neighbors are all different and no sales pitch/approach will work for everyone. Ability to read customers’ needs and share knowledgeable feedback about products is the secret sauce to success in this role.
- Hours can vary and ability to work flexible schedule which can include weekends, evenings and holidays.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 301741
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.