Fleet Service Manager
JOB TITLE: Fleet Service Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Administration
REPORTS TO: Manager Fleet Management
EEO STATUS: 8 - Laborers
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CREATED DATE: September 26, 2018
REVISED DATE: N/A
Provides oversight of all company owned vehicles within the Donor Services Mobile department, Biologics Transportation department, and all other assigned areas with vehicle fleet readiness by coordinating vehicle repairs.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Coordinates with vendor partners and schedules routing inspections of assigned vehicles to ensure proper functioning of vehicles (includes vans, cars, small trucks, trailers and diesel/gasoline engine buses) to include Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) inspections as required
- Coordinates vendor services for maintenance, repair and follow up
- Test drives vehicles to ensure proper operation and repairs
- Ensures proper documentation of inspections, services and repairs per SOP
- Ensures service areas are maintained clean & organized
- Notifies supervisor of any concerns, issues and/or delays to operational scheduling due to maintenance related issues
- Routinely travels between job sites and vendor service areas, as determined by Supervisor
- Assists all departments with the movement and preparation of vehicles, as needed
- Submits weekly status update and reports in writing to immediate supervisor, as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) or more year’s working within a commercial fleet environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
Valid Florida Commercial Driver’s License, (CDL) Class Band and clean driving record required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to coordinate maintenance & repair services
- Ability to practice safe driving techniques based on company and governmental regulations
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
OneBlood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal
Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, OneBlood, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.