Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for property maintenance operations in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The individual should possess knowledge and skills in property maintenance with extensive emphasis on customer service. Individual must be willing and available to respond to emergency calls 24/7.
Company provides vehicle and uniforms upon hire.
- Commit to The Prologis Way – a guide to effective customer service. Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors. Responsive to customer’s needs and requests in a timely manner. Participate in the Prologis Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- General property maintenance of various buildings and coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Perform proactive/responsive maintenance as requested by customer and property manager.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations.
- Perform scheduled property maintenance including (but not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks, paving, landscaping as indicated in the preventative maintenance schedule. Monitor appearance and upkeep of properties on a continual basis. As appropriate, remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces.
- Advise the property manager on the overall condition of the properties.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and site inspections in various locations / buildings.
- Coordinate capital repairs and maintenance.
- Daily communication and reporting to Property Manager.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA). Report safety issues as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipments are in optimum condition.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Oversight of capital improvements and development and adherence to a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being performed by outside contractors. Aid the property manager in the evaluation of all service contract requirements and the oversight of property maintenance contracts.
- Carry cell phone / iPhone/iPad as required for on-call maintenance. Be ready to respond immediately to emergency situations and concerns.
- Provide feedback for the annual budget.
- Attend and complete all required training.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of three years in a skilled maintenance work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in more than one of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, landscaping and heating/cooling (HVAC) systems required.
- Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession. Ability to work outdoors the majority of the day.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments. Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written instructions, blueprints, and technical materials.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC and mobile applications and ability to navigate fluidly between utilizing laptop, iPad, and iPhone to receive and respond to communications and work orders.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of work-safety issues, regulations and programs, government and utility ordinances preferred.
Send resumes to Laura Hedger firstname.lastname@example.org