The Mobile Engineer has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Mobile Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, changing parts).
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of four years’ experience in electrician trade or related field – or, minimum of four years’ experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs – especially energy! – and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
Physical Work Abilities and Requirements:
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Driving for long periods of time.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com