Property Manager - JLL
Property Manager JLL
- Oversee the management, supervision, and professional development of the Property Administrator and ensuring 100% compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle IPMP process.
- Represent JLL in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote JLL’s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
- Assists with the preparation and review of the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required. (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax fillings, Baseball tax, etc)
- Supports the Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process.
- Reviews and approves purchases of supplies and equipment in accordance with client budgets and established parameters.
- Prepares annual submissions for review by the GM for the JLL Property Awards Program and industry awards (e.g., BOMA TOBY award.)
- Responsible for compliance with development, revision and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
- Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) to manage the accounting process fully and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process. Oversees the development and revision of written accounting procedures for the office.
- Prepares and reviews financial documents pertaining to all building operations. These include but are not limited to: tenant billing processes, occupancy rates, dates of lease expirations, financial reporting for client monthly and ensures quarterly and annual compliance with financial documents. Report to General Manager any variances, concerns and projections needed to sustain building operations.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Works with Building Engineer/Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties pursuant to client and JLL guidelines.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Draft contracts within 24-48 hours, conduct follow-up with vendor for return of contract in a timely manner. Pulling together mandated contract package documents for review and signature by GM. Forward and track as needed for communication and compliance.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution.
- Work with Operating Engineer(s) to ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively and that 4-Sight is kept updated on a regular basis.
- Assists Chief Engineer in meeting the assigned criteria within the Compliance Excellence Program and Engineering Audit with the assistance of the Property Administrator. Assures compliance with JLL policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis. Communicates regularly with the Property Administrator, providing necessary support and information to this primary tenant contact.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Overseas, communication and management the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to General Manager for approval.
- Manages the development, of the Property Administrator and the Quality Tenant Service ("QTS") program. In addition, oversees the implementation of the QTS program at assigned buildings.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree. A degree in either finance, accounting or master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of commercial property management experience including budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
- Must be able to obtain the required real estate license within your jurisdiction within the first six months of employment.
Highly Desirable Attributes
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers and the general public.
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues and resolve with practical concrete business minded solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
- Capable of managing construction projects such as tenant improvements, restroom renovations and major repair and maintenance projects, etc.