Common Area Maintenance (CAM) course - virtual
CAM course for new property managers and refresher for experienced PMs
* Registration open until 2/20/23 at 4:00 PM (EST)
This Common Area Maintenance (CAM) course is designed to introduce the CAM billing process to newer property managers and provide a refresher for the experienced PM. This will be a virtual course held over Zoom.
Included is a step-by-step examination of the process, a review of lease administration procedures, guidance on essential math processes (e.g., grossing up), and recommendations for valuable best practice tips.
Instructor: Mike McConnell, RPA, CPM
- Understand the expense recovery process from budgeting through reconciling and billing.
- Review the terminology: operating expenses, CAM, pass throughs, reconciliations, recoverable and non-recoverable expenses, controllable and non-controllable expenses, and more.
- Identify lease types and lease language.
- Learn how to prepare CAM pools and what expenses are included and not included.
- Gain knowledge of CAM caps and exclusions and when and how capital expenses may be recovered.
- Learn how to gross up expenses to full occupancy.
- Acquire best practice tips, including how to avoid an audit.
Bring to class:
- One or more samples of the operating expense language from your leases. Make sure you include all references to operating expenses (CAM, taxes, insurance) including how they are prepared, what is included/excluded, notification requirements, billing requirements, caps, and exclusions, etc.
- One more samples of your tenant communications regarding both the expense estimates and the end of the year expense reconciliation package.
- Send your operating expense questions and concerns as well as any specific topic you wish to have addressed during the course to Lexi Hutton. Deadline for submissions is 4 pm Monday, February 20.
Registration closes Monday, February 20, 2023 at 4 pm. You will receive the link to the webinar Tuesday, February 21.
Cancellations received after registration deadline will not be refunded.
Note: your picture may be captured to use in our social media or marketing materials.
For More Information:
St. Cloud, FL 34771 (407) 380-3320