Electrical Systems, and Illumination BOMI Class for SMT/SMA
BOMI six weeks course for Engineers held virtually
* Registration open until 5/22/21 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
June 22nd - July 29th Electrical Systems, and Illumination
Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays for six weeks from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Systems Maintenance Administrator—Ideal for those who manage the people who run building systems. SMAs ensure that the building systems run efficiently, both from an energy use and tenant comfort standpoint, as well as maintain all aspects of a building or facility, including HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing, and hardware.
Systems Maintenance Technician—Ideal for those who operate and maintain major building systems such as HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
Electrical Systems, and Illumination
Electrical Systems and Illumination is about understanding the electrical systems and illumination in buildings and facilities. Specifically, the chapters in this text address the fundamentals of electricity, electric circuits and circuit protection, lighting systems, power distribution, motors and motor maintenance, electrical system installation, and electrical safety practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain fundamental concepts of electricity and electrical circuitry
- Employ metering devices to measure electricity consumption
- Trace the path of power, from its generation at the utility to distribution throughout your facility
- Comprehend electrical symbols used in block diagrams, schematics, installation drawings, and other construction drawings
- Distinguish among the various types of wires, cables, splices, and conduit used in commercial properties
- Describe devices and practices used in circuit protection
- Summarize lighting principles related to measurement, efficiency, maintenance, and resource conservation
- Install, monitor, and maintain motors and starters
- Practice life-saving safety procedures, including lockout/tagout, when working with electrical equipment
Key topic areas:
sources of electricity • electrical safety • electrical circuits • electric meters • cables, terminations, and conduits • light sources, fixtures, and maintenance • electric motor basics and maintenance
SMA® and SMT® designations
PLEASE READ -Registration/Cancellations must be received 15 business days prior to the class start date. No verbal or voicemail requests must be in writing. No refunds will be issued within 14 business days of the class start date.
For More Information:
St. Cloud, FL 34771 (407) 380-3320