July 2021 Luncheon with Dr. Dean Kashiwagi, Ph.D., PE, IFMA Fellow
TOPIC: The State of the Art BOM Process to Delivering Services
The Best Value Approach (BVA) is a BOM approach that uses automation in the procurement and project management function to create simplicity and increases the responsibilities and value of BOMs’ work but reduces their workload. The BVA replaces the complexity and decision-making of the BOM with the identification and utilization of expertise. It has been proven to cut costs by 30%, deliver on time, minimize contractor risk, and change orders to less than 1%, and uses the language of performance metrics to communicate and create transparency. It is backed by 28 years of research test results (2,000+) to validate its concepts. The BVA changes the paradigm from an owner-controlled to a vendor-controlled environment. It changes the contractual passing of risk to the mitigation of risk by the expert vendor. Instead of using the traditional approach of risk transfer, it utilizes the contractor’s ability to preplan and track time and cost deviations to mitigate risk. It answers many of the research questions involving prequalification, contractor performance metrics, and how to increase the performance of projects in any service.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn a new state-of-the-art BOM delivery process technology.
- Learn how to use performance information to identify experts.
- Learn to minimize costs by up to 30% and procurement time by 50%.
- Learn how to use performance metrics to mitigate risk and ensure accountability with all stakeholders.
- Learn how to track time and cost deviations on any project.
About Dr. Kashiwagi:
Dr. Dean Kashiwagi is an innovator and a researcher of “cutting edge technology” in the areas of project management, risk management, procurement, and performance information. His accomplishments include:
- Most prolific researcher at the Del E. Webb School of Construction at Arizona State University (ASU) with $18M of research funding solely from the private sector.
- Author of the Information Measurement Theory (IMT), Performance Information Procurement System (PIPS), the Best Value Approach (BVA), and the Performance Information Risk Management System (PIRMS), which has been used in 2,000 tests in 9 different countries delivering $6.6B of services in construction, services, and information technology.
- Responsible for the licensing of the Best Value Approach (BVA) intellectual property (IP) at Arizona State University (ASU), which is the most licensed IP at ASU in the history of ASU [64 licenses].
- Owner of the Performance-Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG).
- Performed research at ASU College of Engineering, at the SKEMA Business School Project Management dBA program, and with the CIB W117 working commission.
- Creator of Barrett, The Honors College’s most successful and popular class, “Deductive Logic and Leadership”. The principles of the class teach students to minimize thinking, decision making, and complexity to increase understanding of reality.
All reservations for in-person tickets must be secured by July 9th.
Please note your picture may be captured to use in Social Media or our Marketing Material
For More Information:
Orlando, FL 32856 (407) 380-3320
Penthouse Sponsor Spotlight