November 2nd - 4th Managing the Organization BOMI Course (applies to RPA, FMA and SMA)
If you were awarded a BOMA Orlando scholarship, please make sure when registering to pick the correct invoice.
Education for those who manage real estate assets. In this program, you will learn all aspects of operating a commercial building and maximizing a building’s net income while minimizing risk.
Components of this program include the design, operation, and maintenance of an office building. You will become fully versed in budgeting and accounting for commercial real estate, risk management, and best practices in bidding. This program also covers reviewing and selecting contract providers, marketing and leasing the building, and the operations of the asset from an owner’s perspective through a comprehensive asset management component.
An RPA brings a full understanding of all aspects of property management to an employer in the commercial real estate industry or to a building owner. The overall goal is to enhance the value of the asset through proper and strategic decision making.
Before you receive your RPA® Designation, you are required to demonstrate three years of verifiable property management experience. The criteria are outlined in the RPA® Designation Experience Form. This form may be submitted at any time following enrollment.
Managing the Organization
Managing the Organization will prepare you to manage and lead your organization through improved communication, motivation, relationship and team building, project management, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Managers who take this course will be able to further develop their group leadership and management techniques and abilities and analyze and improve their relationships with staff, colleagues, and owners.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate what motivates staff and how to use techniques to influence staff behavior
- Demonstrate the importance of communication and marketing and provide tools and techniques for the manager to accomplish
- Provide a framework for organizing the various functions associated with facilities management and the rationale for organization configurations
- Demonstrate the importance of problem-solving and provide problem-solving tools necessary for the manager to guide staff in problem-solving activities
- Apply your learned skills and abilities to a sustainability-driven building upgrade case study
Key topic areas:
management skills and tools • leadership styles and relationships • types of organizations • team building, leadership, and motivation • planning, controlling, and decision making • problem-solving techniques • project and change management • workplace safety and documentation
FMA®, RPA®, SMA® designations
Breakfast refreshments and lunch will be served
For More Information:
Orlando, Florida 32856
United States (407) 380-3320