2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Responsible to maintain the grounds and assist the groundskeeper on daily basis.
- Regular inspections and routine maintenance of HVAC units, electrical light fixtures, minor plumbing.
- Responsible for supervising licensed and insured vendors for projects beyond scope and experience.
- Responsible for making access keys as needed.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performs outside custodial duties as required, including minor painting, pressure cleaning, building repairs, caulking, etc.
- May obtain estimates for supplies and repair parts and order as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation and cleaning of vacant units for occupancy.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents to the Property Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools and equipment.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property policies.
- Must be available to work on an on-call basis along with the second Maintenance Technician on site.
- Responsible for securing the maintenance shop(s) at the close of every work day.
- And anything else that the Property Manager feels falls into the Maintenance Tech’s job description
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of related experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and, on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Wednesday-Friday
7 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Saturday and Sunday
On call as needed for emergencies.
This will be a salaried position (salary commensurate with experience) with vacation benefits, health benefits and 401k benefits. Please send resume to:
Jessica Dodson, Property Manager