Lead Engineer - CP Group
The Lead Engineer is responsible for a wide variety of tasks and must be able to and is expected to perform all the duties of a Building Engineer plus these additional responsibilities. This person is accountable for the daily leadership of the engineering team, supports the Chief Engineer in the day-to-day operation of the property, and is responsible for providing support on building systems, ensuring critical systems are being maintained as per company and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan, schedule, and supervise all preventative maintenance work.
- Work with and support contractors/vendors and building personnel.
- Respond to tenant requests and correct problems, make repairs as necessary.
- Review building and tenant alterations to assure conformity with design criteria.
- Maintain up-to-date files of building plans, equipment specifications, and operating manuals.
- Provide hands-on service and maintenance of the building system.
- Operate and maintain all HVAC equipment.
- Maintain building support, safety, and security equipment.
- Maintain inventory of needed spare parts and tools.
- Respond to building emergencies.
- Maintain emergency, mechanical, operation and environmental records.
- Maintain Cost Code ledger, budget spreadsheets, interpret and perform budgetary functions.
- Assists Chief Engineer in the coordination of projects and maintenance tasks for engineering crew members.
- Assists chief engineer with preventive maintenance program for the building’s mechanical systems.
- Maintains the preventative maintenance work order software.
- Performs chief engineer functions in his or her absence.
- Coordination of vendors to schedule work to be completed in the building.
- Coordinates the authorization of vendors and tenants for any approved after-hours work to be completed in the building.
- Performs building inspections as required.
- Maintain a safe work attitude by continuously evaluating work place risks.
- May require shift work and/or on call duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five years building maintenance experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of standard commercial buildings equipment and machinery, especially HVAC systems/chillers.
Microsoft Outlook and office package and EMS/BAS Software a plus.
- Must successfully complete background screening
- Full COVID vaccine required
Resumes may be emailed to General Manager Yahrah Blackman firstname.lastname@example.org.