Lease Administrator - Berman
Title: Lease Administrator
Compensation: please submit desired salary with resume
Employment type: Full Time, Remote
Reports to: Senior Director of Property Management
Key Relationships: Finance & Accounting, Asset Managers and Property Managers
Berman is a leader in property management and facility services. If you’re the kind of person who cares about growing your career and providing the highest level of quality services to the client properties that we work on, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for. We don’t just hire anyone at Berman; we are only looking for new team members who have the strongest work ethic, a deep sense of responsibility, a passion for succeeding and a willingness to always go the extra step in whatever task you undertake.
When you join Berman, you’re committing to making a difference in everything you do while working on our team. We make a commitment to you too – helping you embark on a career with a path to strong growth and constant support in your path to higher career levels!
Founded in 2006 in Orlando, FL Berman has become a respected leader in the Property and Facility Services markets that we operate in. We work every single day on many millions of square feet of commercial and other types of properties. We provide every service needed to run, manage and beautify our client’s real estate assets. Our employees come first at Berman, our belief is that if our employees are happy, strongly supported and put in a position to succeed, then our clients will also be happy with our work that our employees provide on their assigned properties every single day. Berman cares deeply about the people we hire and ensures that growth is always on the horizon. If you put customers first, care passionately about what you do and are committed to working on a team that respects each other, then Berman is the right fit for your next career position.
Fundamentally responsible to assist the property managers with the overall property management duties to include financial responsibilities for the Lake Nona/Tavistock Portfolio
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing multiple clients'/portfolio full lease administration.
- Abstract client leases - Prepares lease abstracts and edits them for accuracy. Writes narratives for monthly variance reports, providing analysis and interpretation of lease information to clients
- Generate, validate and submit monthly reporting on critical information through use of management software, MRI; MRI platform experience required
- Client support by answering questions about expenses, clauses, lease dates, amendments, etc.
- Review invoices on behalf of clients, balance ledgers, verify schedule of payments according to invoices and lease terms, and provide export reports to client
- Able to establish and maintain a strong working relationship with clients, landlords, the Asset Management and Property Management teams, and internal partners
- Proficient in interpreting and abstracting lease documents, through careful review of clients' legal documentation
- Able to maintain multiple clients' real estate portfolios to ensure accurate data and maintain up-to-date information
- Performing data audits and clean-up critical dates (e.g. options & expirations, vendor changes, estoppels), lease status, etc.
- Able to act as liaison between our clients and landlords to resolve issues, reconcile and process monthly recurring rents and one-time payments, rent reconciliations, rent roll changes, CPI calculations, true-up adjustments, and reconcile unbalanced ledgers
- Proficient in preparing and distributing monthly, quarterly, and year-end client reports in a timely and accurate manner from lease management software and the use of Excel
- Proficient at identifying and monitoring key lease dates such as renewals, expirations, TI allowances, security deposit returns, auto-renewals, and other options to proactively manage each client's real estate portfolio
- Able to review and process year-end reconciliations for all operating expenses, including reconciliation of the Common Area Maintenance (CAM), property tax and other operating expense invoices from landlord and relay payment and other related information to clients
- May conduct financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, Tax, Cash, etc.).
- Must be a self-starter and possess a strong ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Must have impeccable attention to detail and exacting standards regarding data, file setup and organization
- Must have experience communicating professionally with landlords to resolve issues
- May provide income administration services for subtenant billing, calculating reimbursable expenses and additional expenses, and generating monthly subtenant invoices
- Able to answer clients' lease-related and lease management questions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assist with Asset Management and tenant requests/follow up
- Facilitate effective communication skills and direction
- Manage essential information in cloud-based lease administration systems
- Ensure documents are properly maintained on the Shared Drive
- Must provide periodic status reports and updates to management as requested
- Must be able to manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, real estate or related field and/or Minimum 4 years' experience required (lease administration handling 100% of client portfolios for the tenant side, processing rents for payment, reviewing and interpreting lease documents, generating, and providing reporting, and CAM/OPEX reviews).
- Proficiency in standard lease administration software and ability to accurately maintain software platforms/company databases, experience using MRI required, Spreadsheet server preferred
- Experience working in commercial real estate required.
- A thorough understanding of the lease administration process and its monthly cycles.
- Experience reading and interpreting real estate leases, including all related lease documents, lease terminology, and lease clauses is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Working, Excel, knowledge of MRI and Nexus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some financial/accounting skills
- Strong lease administration knowledge/experience inclusive of commercial leases preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Some analytical and effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple tasks
Office environment; Position may be eligible for a remote/hybrid work schedule based on further discussion
REFERENCES WILL BE CHECKED AND VERIFIED
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Clean criminal background
- Successfully passing drug screening will be required prior to employment offer
APPLY NOW - SEND RESUME TO: Mary Lantz, RPA, LCAM, Senior Director, Property Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.