Maintenance Technician - Dr. Phillips Inc.
Job Summary - Reporting to the Project Manager the Maintenance Technician is responsible for completion and documentation of maintenance tasks. Individual must have construction skills, including but not limited to, roof repairs, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, drywall, use of lawn and tractor equipment, and landscape maintenance.
Essential Functions (Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities)
- General Building Maintenance
- Inspection, installation, and repair of buildings and building equipment including electrical, plumbing, roofing, irrigation, and HVAC
- Provide and maintain as necessary, HVAC tools and equipment that may be required for the performance of the duties associated with HVAC and other maintenance repairs and services
- General maintenance to include painting (interior/exterior), drywall installation and repair, irrigation sprinkler repair, fire sprinkler repair , general cleaning, grounds maintenance, trash removal, removal of cobwebs, parking lot maintenance, lock installation, minor construction, general repairs , etc.
- Ability to use hand/power tools, pressure washer, and specialty tools and attachments
- Ability to operate specialty equipment, such as boom, scissor lifts, excavator and tractor
- Perform bi-weekly vacancy checks for vacant tenants
- Perform maintenance and repair of all building facilities and systems, including electrical l systems, HVAC, water and plumbing systems, etc.
- Responsible for the clean-up of property/buildings owned by Phillips, Inc., including, but not limited to, vacant space clean-up, removal of cobwebs, pest control, cleaning of floors, windows and trash removal.
- Diagnose problems , replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment and maintain a record of maintenance procedures
- Responsible for maintaining building maintenance equipment to include:
- Ensuring that company vehicles are maintained and cleaned, including vans, trucks, office vehicles, tractor implements and
- Organization and maintenance of equipment and tools
- Cleaning and organizing garage
- Trash pickup of all common areas and property during a visit
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Adhere to company standards and handle service requests in a prompt, courteous, and efficient
- Perform quality inspections for vacant units twice monthly, perform housekeeping or repairs as
- Participate in safety training two times a year for maintenance technicians.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist in maintenance and operation of Dr. Phillips Cemetery; including
- Assist with setup for funerals to include parking of visitors/guests
- Any additional duties or responsibilities assigned
- Strong customer service to ensure safety, comfort, and wellbeing of tenants
- Maintain a hygienic and neat appearance
- Wear uniforms provided by Dr. Phillips
Minimum Qualifications (Required experience, education, special skills, licenses and/or certifications)
- Minimum 3 + years of commercial building maintenance experience
- Strong working knowledge of commercial buildings and equipment
- HVAC, plumbing, roofing and electrical experience
- Minor carpentry tasks and ability to work with a variety of construction power tools
- Ability to frame walls and hang/finish drywall
- Strong client/customer service skills
- Valid Florida Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Required competencies for successful job performance)
- Must possess organizational skills to prioritize, plan and execute work and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Basic carpentry, sheet rock, painting, door lock, and hardware
- Service and repair indoor and outdoor units to determine Ability to perform preventative maintenance on systems.
- Inspect and repair roof leak issues
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (407) 422-4952