Property Administrator - The RMR Group
- Job ID: 2022-2168
- Job Location: US-FL-Orlando
- Department: Property Management
The Property Administrator (PA) reports to the Senior Property Manager (SPM) and Property Manager (PM) and works directly with the Building Engineer (BE) and Area Chief Engineer (ACE), providing support as needed to all team members. It is the responsibility of the PA not only to exhibit exceptional client service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, vendors and team members, but also to focus on productivity and results. The PA is expected to assist the SPM and PM in the implementation and administration of policies, procedures and programs on a day-to-day basis that will assure that all projects are well managed and executed. Team members are expected to assist with additional assignments that may be requested by direct supervisors and to take initiative in lending assistance to other members of the team. This role is pivotal to the success of our operations.
- Open property management office (by or before 8 am) and close office (at 5 pm or later), turn equipment on/off, lock/unlock all doors.
- Answer general calls by third ring.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly manner.
- Send/distribute correspondence appropriately.
- Maintain postage meter and replenish as needed.
- Sign for deliveries and distribute appropriately.
- Open, sort and distribute mail appropriately.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Keep waiting area, kitchen and conference room clean throughout the day.
- Responsible for all aspects of the office furniture and equipment.
- Keep all notices, lists, etc. in office current.
- Compose and create correspondence and memos.
- Maintain all tenant and vendor files.
- Code invoices for portfolio.
- Process invoices and accounts payable.
- Track budget –vs- actual costs for operating expenses (i.e. one-time projects, tenant improvements, capital improvements, etc.).
- Ensure that expenses are paid in month budgeted.
- Review preliminary recurring charges, rent roll information and roll forward from prior month’s rent roll to current month’s rent roll. Test system for accuracy by reconciling with leasing startups and rent changes.
- Manage field-level accounts receivable by accurate application of cash deposits, coordinating collection issues with property management personnel, and resolving misapplications.
- Prepare tenant bill-backs on a monthly basis (including utility billings, work orders, labor charges, and after-hours HVAC charges).
- Prepare and review tenant statements and manual invoices prior to mailing.
- Review and assist with preparation of annual tenant escalation reconciliations, tenant escalation letters, and assist with tenant questions and follow-up.
- Contribute to the maintenance of positive tenant relations by professionally assisting with tenant questions relating to accounts receivable.
- Prepare vendor service contracts, construction contracts and service orders.
- Assist with vendor competitive bidding. Prepare RFPs, collect proposals and create bid comparison worksheets.
- Prepare new tenant package including all forms, building information, etc.
- Set up new and maintain existing tenant lease files.
- Process tenant requests via phone, email or Building Engines. Follow up on work orders for maintenance staff.
- Update tenant contact information in Building Engines.
- Maintain updated monthly Tenant Parking Schedule and distribute to PM and parking operator.
- Maintain updated monthly Janitorial S.F. Report and distribute to PM and janitorial company.
- Issue all new building tenant keys and access cards as per request by tenant and PM. Update Security Access Card list and bill tenants accordingly.
- Maintain key log and key box.
- Print or order new signage requested by Tenants or needed for new tenants to the building.
- Maintain current certificate of insurance log for all tenants and vendors. Track expiration dates and make sure that new certificates of insurance are issued on time.
- Track monthly utility meter readings for back-charged utilities to specific tenants, bill accordingly.
- Assist PM with preparation of annual budget as directed.
- Assist PM with preparation of annual operating expense and tax escrows/reconciliations.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree - minimum 3.0 GPA required. Preferred course of study Business Administration, Real Estate or Accounting.
- One to two years’ experience in the real estate industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- An assessment will be administered for computer and communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel proficiencies.
- Experience with financial issues and programs a plus. Experience with Yardi, Building Engines, Argus are preferred.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Positive attitude and highest level of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written, with owners, tenants and coworkers; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with RMR objectives.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Able to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results oriented, detail oriented and accurate.
- Decision Making Skill – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment.
- RMR considers the safety of its employees a top priority. As part of this commitment, RMR requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they obtain prior approval for an accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief or are exempt from this requirement under applicable state or local law. Qualified candidates who are offered the opportunity to join RMR will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to the first day of work. Applicants who need additional information concerning RMR’s vaccination policy should contact Diane Proctor, Vice President, Human Resources at DProctor@rmrgroup.com.
The RMR Group (Nasdaq: RMR) is a leading U.S. alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. RMR’s vertical integration is supported by nearly 600 real estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage over $33 billion in assets under management and leverage 35 years of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and experienced management team and a diversity of direct real estate strategies across its clients.
RMR’s mission is to create long term value for our clients by managing their investments and assets “like we own it” – an approach that consistently and repeatedly generates opportunities for all our employees, investors and stakeholders. We are guided by six core values:
- Integrity at Our Core.
- Perform Passionately and Effectively.
- Inspired Thinking.
- Like We Own It.
- Power of We.
- Mutual Respect.
RMR has been rated a Top Place to Work by The Boston Globe and GlobeSt.com, and has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), among others (listed here), as a CRE industry leader.
Follow RMR on LinkedIn and on Twitter @The_RMR_Group.
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.