Assistant Property Manager - Transwestern
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for working directly with the Property Manager, to assist with handling monthly reporting, budgeting, responding to tenant inquiries, and drafting tenant notices and correspondence. The Assistant Property Manager will support the property manager with the preparation of monthly operating reports and client deliverables, tenant billings, collection of rent and processing of property payables.
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager not only to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors but to focus on productivity and results.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide full administrative support for the property management office including phone support, typing, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence and related administrative functions.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings/special events as requested.
- Administer vendor and utility supplier account setup and ongoing maintenance.
- Assist in lease administration activities and maintain lease and property files.
- Track and file all service and construction contracts and insurance certificates. Maintain follow-up system for expiration.
- Promote and foster positive relationships with tenants and owner.
- Assist Property Manager with initiating late payment calls as required.
- Interface with tenants and vendors in daily operations of the building.
- Provide administrative support for capital and tenant improvement projects including the preparation and coordination of bid proposals, service contract and approve invoices.
- Initiate and execute day-to-day operational procedures including interacting with engineers, security, janitors and other building staff.
- Maintain current certificates of insurance for all vendors; ensure coverage complies with requirements.
- Track and maintain Energy Star benchmarking data so information is current and accurate.
- Respond positively and promptly to standard building requests.
- Provide accounts receivable support including posting cash receipts, tenant bill backs, AR status reports, etc.
- Provide accounts payable support which includes coding invoices, composing expense reports, posting AP reports, vendor on-boarding, etc.
- Review other A/P and A/R applications as required by Property Manager.
- Additional duties or projects as assigned by the Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial /Class A Office management.
- Must have intermediate to advanced MS 365 Word, Excel and Outlook proficiencies.
- Angus and accounting software such as MRI, Yardi or CTI proficiency preferred.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy workload.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
A detailed list of position responsibilities has been developed so that expectations are clearly communicated. However, it is rarely possible to provide a list that will capture all possible projects and assignments. Team members are expected to assist with additional assignments that may be requested by direct supervisors, and to lend assistance to other members of the team, when appropriate.
Submit Resumes to: Kathryn Moriarity, RPA, Kathryn.email@example.com